Within just 30 minutes of L’Océan campsite in Châtelaillon-Plages, make a beeline for Rochefort and its fabulous maritime history. Children and adults will love a trip here!
Rochefort and its cultural heritage
You'll be spoilt for choice in terms of things to do here:
- The Hermione: Open all year, come and see the frigate that took the Marquis de Lafayette to the United States.
- La Corderie Royale: the vast Corderie Royale is a stone's throw from the Hermione and you can continue your trip back in time at its fun-filled museum.
- The National Naval Museum: Dive into the fascinating world of the French navy during a tour or workshop.
- The Museum of Bygone Trades: Travel back to the 1900s in this 4-storey museum exploring myriad subjects including cognac, millinery, pharmacy, dye etc.
- Pierre Loti's House: The house may currently be closed to visitors due to construction but there's an area devoted to the author at the Hèbre Museum.